OID 2014: Open Identity Summit 2014
The aim of Open Identity Summit 2014 is to link practical experiences and requirements with academic innovations. Focus areas will be Research and Applications in the area of Identity Management and Open Source with a special focus on Cloud Computing.
Open standards and interfaces as well as open source technologies play a central role in the current identity management landscape as well as in emerging future scenarios based on cloud computing for example. While there are already plenty of successful applications in which those techniques are used to guarantee the authenticity and integrity of entities, there are still many closely related areas which demand further research.
We invite stakeholder and technical experts from public administration, industry, science and academia to propose contributions to the program of the workshop. Submissions should be short papers (5-6 pages) or full papers (max. 12 pages) in English. Submitted papers will be reviewed by the program committee. Accepted papers will be presented at the workshop and are planned to be published in the GI-Edition Lecture Notes in Informatics (LNI).
Topics of Interest
The topics of the workshop include but are not limited to:
- Security, interoperability of identity management, credential technologies and electronic identity tokens.
- Security analysis and proofs for authentication protocols and federated identity management protocols based on SAML, OpenID, WS-* and OAuth for example.
- Privacy enhancing technologies.
- Concepts for and practical experiences with components, systems, services, processes and applications for identity management.
- Novel identity management technologies.
- Mobile aspects of identity management and alternative identity tokens.
- Identity management standards, interoperability aspects and interoperable identity management solutions.
- Secure identity management for cloud computing.
- International, global and long term aspects of identity management.
- Legal and socio-economic aspects of privacy and identity management.
- Privacy and non-traceability of identity management systems.
- Security, interoperability as well as legal and economic aspects of open source in the area of security and identity management.
- Concepts and practical experiences with open source components related to security, identity management and cloud computing.
- Integration of identity management solutions in existing open source libraries or frameworks.
- Open source tools for distributed specification, development, quality assurance and dissemination of project results.
- Aspects related to open source community development and federated social media.
- New open source projects and news from existing open source projects in the area of security, identity management and cloud computing.
15th June 2014: Extended Paper Submission Deadline ( http://openidentity.eu/submit )
15th July 2014: Notification of Acceptance
15th September 2014: Submission of Camera Ready Copies
- Detlef Hühnlein (ecsec GmbH): detlef.huehnlein(at)ecsec.de
- Heiko Roßnagel (Fraunhofer IAO): heiko.rossnagel(at)iao.fraunhofer.de